Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Thing 21 - Other Social Networks

It is simply amazing to see how many networks are out there. There truly is a social network for EVERYONE! Whatever your interests may be, there is a network out there for you.

I am currently a member of MySpace and Facebook. I have most frequently been using Facebook much more than MySpace. As I explored the other networks listed... I felt that "Gather" was a website that really focused around a certain theme, book, etc. "WebJunction" seems like a terrific tool for library staff to utilize. I also did some of the tasks for the "Ning" network, which seemed very similar to the social networks in which I currently am a member of.

I searched and explored a few other networks that I will likely use in the future. The 3 that I think I will use the most would be Classroom 2.0 Ning, Project Playlist (as I love music), and Bake Space (I love to try out new baking recipes).

No comments: