Monday, April 7, 2008

Thing 12 - Social Media Tools

I have looked at, explored, and read stories from various types of Social Media sites. Usually I go to one of these sites because something sparked my interest. For example, a news story, entertainment news, or something interesting.

I think that these tools can be both a productivity enhancer and distractor. It depends if you have a purpose for it's use or not. I don't usually just go to a social media site to just explore... I could spend hours just searching and being "distracted." I usually have a purpose in mind for when I go to one of these sites. I have a question or topic that I am looking for specifically, which ends up enhancing my productivity.

Students can use some news websites for research or other purposes online, and don't need to receive the newspaper at home any longer!

No comments: