Monday, April 14, 2008

Thing 20 - Social Networks

A few months ago, my husband helped me to set up a MySpace account. It was alright, and there were some cool features (backgrounds, questionnaires, flickr, photosharing, networking).

However... All 3 of my siblings have a Facebook account and convinced me to set one up a couple of days ago. I have used Facebook more than MySpace in just short time. I have my 10-year high school reunion coming up, and I have been able to locate many of my former classmates on Facebook. I have been "catching up" with many of them, and we've been able to email each other, share pictures, and more. I have really enjoyed Facebook so far. It was extremely easy to set up and navigate. I have made numerous contacts with family and friends over the past few days via Facebook.

There are many fun things that you can do with Facebook as well... questionnaires, groups, etc. I have joined a Marketing group for a friend's psychology class, and also a group for my 10-year reunion.

My brother will be living in Trinidad with his girlfriend this summer, and this will be one way in which we will be able to keep in touch, and let him be able to see pictures of his nieces.

No comments: