Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Thing 16 - Assignment Calculators

Very Cool! This is something I could use to help myself stay on track while finishing my Thesis. This would've been very handy in college when trying to stay focused on the steps toward creating a project or paper.

I liked the RPC! I could use this for my students when conducting extensive research for projects such as the Science Fair or History Day projects. I like that you can create some tips and guidelines for the students, as well as a rubric.

In my experiences, the goal of an extensive paper or project seems much more attainable when working on it in steps. I think that this would benefit my students as well. Sometimes they can become overwhelmed at the beginning, and feel that they are incapapable of a larger project. This tool would help to break up that seemingly unattainable task into more manageable chunks. It also gives the student tips and pointers for what they should be doing each step of the way.

No comments: